Thursday, February 13, 2014

The Fractional Ownership Experience in Los Cabos

Sometimes good things happen when you have to use the bathroom at 6 in the morning, like getting to see this beautiful sunrise.  (I did go back to bed after taking the picture).




Warning. The next few paragraphs are me venting,  proceed halfway down for pics of George Clooney and Cindy Crawford's places on the beach

Tip 1:  be prepared to be rude.

An agent at the golf course invited us to visit his fractional ownership experience at La Residences.  Only 90 minutes. Free lunch, $200us, free taxi.  Being the good scot I am I thought what a deal.  Tuesday was a beach day so why not check out a new resort.  

Talk, talk! talk! talk talk! finally he takes us to go and see this beautiful 3 bedroom condo, set back from the ocean but with a view, when you are on the 4th floor.  

It's now 90 minutes into it, we want to buy, but let's get the show on the road.  I don't like being rude, so I temper it with, "hey Rick, I don't want to be rude, but can we get a coffee and get on with it". Down he takes us for lunch on the pool patio and more talk talk talk.  

Next step into the sales office for the nitty gritty.  Retail price is $397,000, for 4 weeks, but today only at this moment we can have it for $297,000.  Lol.  More talk talk, ok we only want it for a week,.  A week is 100,000 but today only if we sign right now we can have it for $80,000, truthfully at this point we were hardly listening.  I think Doug and Jim were sleeping with their eyes open.  

Starting to feel a little explosion coming again, I say "rick you have 30 minutes to get to the bottom line or I am out of here". He says well what do you have to do,  steam is starting to appear. I am heading to the beach in 30 minutes.  Well now the big boss comes in, suffice it to say the most condescending person I have ever met, he starts blah blah blahing.  The guys are saying we will get back to you we want to discuss it,  Canadians are way tooooo polite.  No problem, he says, phone me tomorrow and you can have it for the full retail price......  I stand up and say I'm heading to the bathroom, but I'm leaving when I get back.  I have to say that Rick was the nicest man and very informative of the area.  An experience we are all laughing about now.  Lol as we spend our $200.

Cindy and George's place.

The rest of the day was spent walking along the beach and relaxing.







Quick shower and change and off to San Jose for dinner at La Dolce (http://www.restaurantladolce.com/), great Italian restaurant with wonderful homemade pastas. Another beautiful courtyard with a guitarist playing some old favourites, ie Brown Eyed Girl O:)  

btw the Caprese Salads were excellent in every restaurant we went too.











No comments:

Post a Comment